Try making these yummy breakfast muffins on Sunday for the week ahead. These are a quick grab-n-go breakfast and also perfect for a mid-morning or afternoon snack. Doing a little Sunday prepping can save you a lot of time, curb those unhealthy cravings and make for some deliciously wholesome nutrition you can enjoy all week long!
What you'll need
- 1 ¾ whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup butternut squash purée (canned or freshly steamed & mashed)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (70% or darker)
Prep + Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flower, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg & salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, squash purée and maple syrup. Add coconut oil, whisking to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just incorporated; do not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. Let cool and keep stored in a cool, dark place covered for up to 4 days, or freeze up to 3 months. Pack to go & ENJOY!
Makes 12 Muffins
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar