Want a good start to your day? Try prepping for the week ahead with these breakfast cookies and you’ll be set to crush the day with a coffee & cookie in hand. They are loaded with protein and packed with flavor. Such a great grab n’ go solution for busy mornings!
[ingredients title=”what you’ll need”]
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup banana mashed (about 1 large)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond flour (or flour of your choice)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts (or almonds)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
[directions title=”Prep + Bake”]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the yogurt, banana, honey, dates, egg white and vanilla into a small food processor. Process until the dates have broken down into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, sunflower seeds and chopped hazelnuts.
- Stir the yogurt mixture into the oat mixture until well combined. Then, gently stir in the pomegranate seeds. Your dough will be quite wet.
- Drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet with a small ¼ measuring cup. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake until the cookies feel just set, about 12 – 13 minutes. Immediately transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely & ENJOY!
*Tip ~ Cookies will keep fresh in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, after this they are best frozen.
Makes about 1 dozen
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar