When I am craving a “healthy meal” sometimes all I want is a fresh bowl of veggies and an awesome sauce. Well, not only is this a fun bowl of healthy goodness, but beautiful, too! This recipe is great because you can recreate using any type of protein you’d like: tofu, chicken, pork or in our case roasted shrimp. Load up on some peppers and fresh veggies that you’ve got in your fridge and drizzle with this lovely sweet garlic lime sauce. Super yummy and a perfect weeknight meal for the win!
For the sauce:
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
For the bowl:
- Rice noodles
- ¼ cup each Basil, Mint & Cilantro
- 4 serrano Peppers
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 lb fresh or frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2-3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For the sauce, pulse the ingredients together in a blender or food processor, and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix olive oil, red pepper flakes, lime juice and thawed shrimp. Toss shrimp until coated & place shrimp in a single layer on baking sheet or roasting pan. Place shrimp into oven and roast until pink and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Cook your rice noodles according to package directions. To avoid noodles from becoming overly sticky (as rice noodles do), try soaking them in cold water for about 20 minutes prior to placing in boiling water.
- For the bowl, prep by mincing the herbs, slice the serranos, avocado, cucumber and julienne the peppers and carrots.
- Toss the veggies with the sweet garlic lime sauce (adding more to desired taste), mix in the carrots, peppers and then top each bowl with the sliced avocado, cucumbers and serrano peppers.
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar