This salad is a real feel-good mix of healthy. Try out your knife skills by practicing cutting everything into extra-small pieces to get a real mixture of color and flavors in every bite. This salad takes a bit longer than usual to prep so prep your diced ingredients the night before to easily have this salad come together the next day. You and your body will be happy you did!
[ingredients title=”What You’ll Need”]
For the salad:
- 1 ½ head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 3 cups diced red cabbage
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 radishes, finely chopped
- ½ English cucumber, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced or julienned and finely chopped
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
[directions title=”Prep + Assemble”]
- Prep ingredients for the both the salad and dressing and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk ingredients for the dressing until emulsified (can be made up to about 5 days in advance).
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and cabbage. Add cubanelle peppers, radishes, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes and chives. Toss with enough dressing to coat lightly.
- Add avocado and feta and drizzle with a small amount of dressing. Toss very gently to incorporate into the salad.
- Feel free to add a hard or soft-boiled egg, chickpeas, or grilled chicken to add a boost of protein to this salad. Serve & ENJOY!
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar