Make sure to add this simple summery salad to your must haves this month! We’ve enjoyed this one on rotation as of late since it’s super light and refreshing for hot summer days. It’s perfect for a light lunch, picnic or to accompany a casual dinner. The contrast in colors between the fruit is quite beautiful and the farmer’s cheese adds a level of flavor without being overwhelming. Make sure you don’t skip out on the fresh mint and feel free to switch up the lettuce from arugula to spinach or sweet marche rosette greens. Easy, elegant and just the way I like it!
For the Dressing:
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- 5 ounces arugula
- ½ Cantaloupe, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 ½ cups blackberries
- 1 cup Farmer’s cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh mint, sliced thin and some fresh leaves for garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl together except for the olive oil. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
- Assemble the salad on a large platter and gently lay fruit on top of the arugula along with the farmer’s cheese & fresh mint. Toss the ingredients together gently and slowly drizzle dressing on top. Season with salt & pepper, to taste & ENJOY!
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar