This homemade strawberry lemonade is so refreshing, bright and simply beautiful! It is just what you need on a sunny summer afternoon. Our kids love turning this lemonade into popsicles so we make this often in batches all summer long! Meanwhile, you can easily switch this lovely drink into a refreshing summer cocktail for the adults in the room. Now I don’t have a pool, but I can certainly dream about sitting pool-side with a glass in hand. And for you boaters out there, this is the ideal “cruising cocktail” foundation. Add some vodka to keep it light or add a little bourbon to make more of a craft-cocktail version. Either direction you take this drink, you can’t go wrong!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ¼ cups fresh strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 1 ½ cups fresh lemon juice, about 8 medium lemons
- 5-6 cups cold water, depending on how strong you like the flavors
- Sliced lemons & strawberries for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat, stir and let cool by placing in the refrigerator.
- Place sliced strawberries into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour pureed strawberries through a sieve over a medium-sized bowl to remove as many seeds as possible.
- Pour the strawberry puree into the cooled sugar water along with the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Pour strawberry-lemon mixture into a pitcher and add 5-6 cups of cold water. Add ice and stir well. Pour the lemonade into glasses and garnish with sliced fruit. Most importantly, ENJOY!
8 – 10 servings
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar