Feeling the fresh spring vibes here with this oh so pretty farro salad with arugula, snap peas, radish slices & feta. Topped with fresh basil, mint & toasted pine nuts, then dressed with a very simple lemony vinaigrette. Just what you need to add a little brightness to your lunch repertoire or list of fresh & healthy dinner ideas. You can even prep everything a day ahead and keep in fridge for super snappy assembly the next day!
[ingredients title=”What you’ll need”]
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 5-6 radishes, paper thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces arugula
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, sliced diagonally
- ½ cup crumbled feta
[directions title=”Prep + Cook”]
- Follow cooking directions for the farro. Once cooked, let cool.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread pine nuts on a small jelly roll pan and toast in oven for about 5-6 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Slice radishes as thin as possible and sugar snap peas diagonally, then set aside. Chop ¼ cup mint and ¼ cup basil and also set each aside until you are ready to assemble the salad.
- For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble the salad, pour the cooled farro into a large bowl. Add the chopped basil & mint and about ¼ of the vinaigrette. Combine gently.
- Add the arugula, sugar snap peas, radishes, pine nuts & feta along with remaining vinaigrette to the farro mixture. Gently toss to combine and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve at room temp & ENJOY!
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar