I really do enjoy just about anything that resembles pizza and my husband is a die hard fan of leftover slices in the morning. I’m also a lover of anything that can be eaten on the go since most mornings are pretty hectic in our home. So, when I spotted the idea for these delicious breakfast muffin scones in Clean Eating Magazine, I was sold. This easy recipe is a great way to enjoy a healthy start to your day and a fun spin on the traditional muffin. The fresh raspberries and ground ginger together have a very refreshing flavor and using almond flour makes this gluten-free breakfast treat a little higher in protein. These breakfast slices have the consistency of a muffin and are supposed to resemble a scone, but I think calling them a healthy “breakfast slice” is way more fun! Don’t you agree?
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, vanilla and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients into large bowl with dry ingredients. Gently fold in the raspberries and save a few to press into the mix before popping in the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon the dough onto the baking sheet and shape into a smooth, large circle, about ¾ inch thick. Gently press in a few remaining raspberries to make their color pop.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove and let cool for at least 5 minutes, then cut into 8-10 triangles. Serve & ENJOY!
Serves 6 – 8
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar