Try adding a little festive brightness to your table situation with these grilled fish tacos. Topped with shredded radicchio, avocado and a spicy chipotle crema sauce, these flavors are so bold yet the dish is so light. If you don’t find Mahi Mahi, try substituting with Cod and give this a go for your next taco night!
[ingredients title=”What you’ll need”]
For the Fish Tacos:
- 2 tablespoons Penzy’s bold taco seasoning (or your favorite taco seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Mahi Mahi (or another whitefish like Cod)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges for serving
For the Chipotle Crema:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Adobo sauce (from a small can of chipotle peppers)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
[directions title=”Prep + Cook”]
- In a small bowl, whisk together the taco seasoning, honey, lime juice, and olive oil. Place the fish in a shallow dish and pour the marinade on top, turning the fish to coat. Set aside and let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, adobo sauce, lime zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Next, heat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Grill the fish for 4 minutes per side, or until flaky and cooked through. Place the fish on a platter, and squeeze with lime wedges. Gently pull fish apart into about half-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage, vinegar, and olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the tacos, place some grilled fish in a corn tortilla. Layer with avocado slices, radicchio salad, and drizzle with the spicy chipotle crema. Serve & ENJOY!
*Tip~ if you can’t find canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, you can completely make your own adobo sauce to create the crema. Mix the following: 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons chipotle powder, pinch cayenne, ½ tsp cumin, pinch oregano, pinch of salt.
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar