I’ve been on a bit of an Apricot obsession as of late. They are just so pretty and refreshing especially on warm summer days. I’m also fixed on grain bowls as you all know since they hearty grains keep me feeling satisfied and nourished a little longer warding off those crazy afternoon or bedtime cravings! This dish absolutely tastes as beautiful as it looks and is packed with delicious flavors to fuel your body right. How can you argue with that? And a little tip for the busy folks out there, try making it easy on yourself by doing a bit of meal prep ahead. Cook the Farro before you go to bed as well as slice your main ingredients. This way, you can pull together dinner in ten minutes the next day leaving you more time to do what you love on gorgeous summer nights!
[ingredients title=”What you’ll need”]
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces Spinach
- 1 medium fennel bulb, slice thin + 1 tbsp chopped fronds
- 5 Apricots, pitted & sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup uncooked Farro
- Salt & pepper
[directions title=”Prep + Cook”]
- Prepare Farro according to package directions. Set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, slice fennel and apricots, then mice 2 tbsps of the shallot.
- Next, whisk together vinegar and shallots in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper and add 1 tbsp chopped fronds
- In the same bowl as the dressing, add the cooled farro, spinach, sliced fennel and apricots. Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the farro bowl mixture with pomegranate seeds and toasted pine nuts. Serve and ENJOY!
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar