When you hit the wall and can’t seem to concentrate in the afternoon, sometimes you need a little grab-n-go energy boost and not necessarily caffeine. These tropical fruit, nut & berry energy bites are the perfect healthy little snacks to make ahead and keep non-refrigerated & covered for up to 2 weeks! They will even keep longer in the freezer. Love healthy options for life on the go!
[ingredients title=”What you’ll need”]
- ½ cup raw unsalted walnuts
- ½ cup raw unsalted almonds
- 3 ounces unsweetened dried mango slices
- 6 madjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
[directions title=”Prep + Keep”]
- Add walnuts and almonds to a food processer or Vitamix. Pulse until the mixture is about gravel size bits.
- Use kitchen scissors (easiest) or extremely sharp knife to cut the mango into ¼-inch squares, about 1 cup.
- Add the following to the nut mixture in the processor: cut/sliced mango, pitted dates, cranberries, vanilla & ginger. Pulse until clumps form and mixture begins to stick together.
- Add shredded coconut and chia seeds and process to incorporate. Transfer to a bowl.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, compacting firmly to make sure the ball keeps its shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Pack your bites to go & ENJOY!
Makes about 15-20 snack bites
Share your creations with us by tagging #mixmytable
Author: Jennifer Kuhar